Thursday, June 24, 2010

Obama and Pol Pot

While traveling along Ming Avenue recently, alongside the ongoing road construction, I passed a sign that gave me pause.

The sign was of a stick figure shoveling a pile of asphalt. Underneath this caricature was the catchy slogan, "Putting America back to work."

I shook my head and wondered if I was in present-day America or if I had traveled back in time to Cambodia in the late '70s.

I'm not suggesting that our "dear leader," Barack Obama, will follow the lead of Pol Pot, who murdered millions of people that represented the successful, self-efficient masses -- slaughtered for not being good state employees.

His approach is a much more subtle one, a Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" technique. He despises everything that has made this country great, and his efforts are directed at the institutions of capitalism and constitutionality.

He's not about to send out his goons to bash our skulls for refusing to shovel asphalt. He only needs to slit the throat of those institutions. Then, we will have no choice but to shovel asphalt at his behest.

The blade is at the throat.

GARY CAMERON

Bakersfield

No comments: