Friday, November 27, 2009

Thaksin gets tacky over 'Takki

November 27, 2009
The Nation

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra blasted the Foreign Ministry yesterday over the release of his alias on passฌports given by foreign countries, saying the ministry had sunk to its lowest point.

Vice foreign minister Panich Vikitsreth said on Wednesday Thaksin's name on passports issued by Nicaragua, Uganda and Montenegro had been changed to "Takki Shinegra".

In a Twitter note on his webฌsite yesterday Thaksin said a wellknown person like him did not need to change his name.

"A person like me is too wellknown to hide. It's useless for me to change the name since many people know me. I walk in department stores in any country [and] many people come to greet me," he said.

"I still use my old name but don't say I would have a sexual transplant. It can't be helped, as you guys are so stupid to revoke my Thai passport, so you have no way to trace me through non Thai documents.

"Don't challenge me to show my passports. I won't, since you would fake them electronically, 5555," Thaksin said in his note.

Panich insisted that he had evidence to prove Thaksin had changed his name in passports issued by Nicaragua and other countries.

"We got the information from reliable sources but I can't disclose them," he said.

"We are confident that Thaksin travelled in other names since we have checked with countries he visited, but did not find his name," he said.

No comments: