Friday, October 9, 2009

Flight Review: Siem Reap- Ho Chi Minh, VN9883, Economy

Friday, 9 October 2009

I arrived at Siem Reap’s International Airport less than 45 minutes before departure and actually had plenty of time to spare as it only took around 15 minutes for check-in and security checks.

There were several shops in the waiting area and I took my time to see what souvenirs were on offer. I browsed the longest in a shop which featured handicrafts made by local artisans, products such as Buddha statues, ornaments, jewellery boxes as well as wallets and bags.

I took a quick look at another shop before going to the boarding gate which was already open – there was hardly any line and as a walked on the tarmac towards the plane some passengers stopped to take a happy snap in front of it.

I boarded the ATR72 operated by Cambodia Angkor Air and found my seat in the middle of the plane in the 3-3 layout. The flight took off on time at 5:20pm with only 14 passengers on board.
About 15 minutes into the flight, attendants came around with a box of food, which turned out to be a ham sandwich and water. I wasn’t really hungry so I just picked at the bread and drank the water.

I looked out the window as the view turned from flooded paddy fields to denser housing and tall city buildings. It only took an hour to reach Ho Chi Minh City, the flight experiencing no turbulence at all.

Editor : Daisy Melwani

No comments: