Friday, March 6, 2009

Appeal to UNHCR

Appeal to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
In Thailand


My name is Nary Thach who was born on December 12, 1972 in Preah Trapang province (renamed Tra Vinh), and Khmer Nationality, is United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) registration No: Ni. 22434.

For this opportunity, I would like to express my concern as below:
On September 26, 2008, at 8:30 AM, I was arrested and sent to Cambodia by Thailand authority. When I arrived Cambodia, I visited my family while the Cambodia country was celebrating Bon Pchum Benn which is the tradition of Cambodian people. After I had arrived three days, I met my family and some friends in my home (in Cambodia). On September 29, 2008, at 11:30 AM, while I got lunch with my family and friends, one police and another person who had ever threatened me had brought the guns and handcuffs; however, they did not drive car or motor bike like before. I just saw them walk to my home. At that time, I had getting lunch. While I saw them, I had must escaped by the door behind and I hided myself in other home, and I dared not to go out any time until they went from my house. My parents and friends were so afraid of police because they knew that I have just arrested and sent to Cambodia by Thailand authority and because of their following me. When the police arrived my home, they have interrogated my parents and friends who had conversation with me and they wanted to get some information from them what happened with me when the Thailand authority arrested and sent to be here (Cambodia). Fortunately, I have not told them already of anything related to my situation.

When the police did not see me at home, they started threatening my parents and friends as they said if my parents and friends did not tell them where I was staying, they would accuse all of them of hiding me and send them to the police station. After they accused my parents and friends, it seemed to happen a thing disturb to other people who are living beside, so they went to see and then I did not know what happened with them because the home owner brought me to escape from that place and to seek the Human Rights Organization to protect me because the police follow to arrest me. Because the Human Rights Organization has known about the Khmer Krom Buddhist monks who have conducted the demonstration to demand the Vietnamese Communist Government (VCG) to release the Khmer Krom monks in Khleang province (renamed Soc Trang) and Venerable Tim Sakhorn imprison in front of Vietnam Embassy on December 17, 2007. On December 17, 2007 in front of Vietnam Embassy, there are around 50 Khmer Krom Buddhist monks and people to have conducted the demonstration and to send the petition to Vietnam Embassy which it has the location in Cambodia to release the Khmer Krom Buddhist monks in Khleang province and Venerable Tim Sakhorn. At that time to have a crash between the police and the Khmer Krom Buddhist monks and all of them to also have me. For me, the police have accused that I joined the demonstration to sabotaging the unification policy between Cambodia-Vietnam and then they followed to arrest me till now.

After the demonstration, the Human Rights Organization advises that for the monks and any people who felt fear should seek to UNHCR, let the Organization find the best way latter. Because of fear, I have sought to UNHCR in Thailand on December 27, 2007. At last time, because I was arrested and sent to Cambodia by the Thailand authority, I have be still threatened and tried to arrest by the police. I was concerned over my live and then I sought to a help from the Human Rights Organization. The Human Rights Organization told me that I should go to the Cambodia-Thai border at that night. The Human Rights Organization told me that I should find the security for myself first. For my parents and friends, they will help to resolve. When I have heard like this, I have decided to seek to the status of Refugee the second time in Thailand.

At the ending of this letter, I, Ms. Nary Thach would like to appeal to the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Thailand to save my live by my respect.
Translated by: Freedom

No comments: